100% of your donation will be used to support my continuous effort to provide free and creative work. Every purchase I make goes through hours of research and will broaden my ability to create more interesting photos.
Many of the photos in main page are actually taken with a kit lens. That is what I used during my first four years of learning how to shoot. Only until I fully learned my camera operations and lens limitation, I purchased my first prime lens (Canon 50mm f/1.4). Having this new lens opened a wide range of compositions and technique which was not possible with a f/3.5 kit lens. I've learned to manage and suppress the constant urge to buy new gears. There is no end to new technology, higher megapixel camera, or another lens range that I do not own. So I assure you, your money will not spent on some short lived fad or a gimmicky toy.
If I have enough savings and donations, I will make the following purchase in that order:
- Ring flash (TBD)
- Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II ($2000)
- Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 ($350)
Major stuff I have purchased this year.
- Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro - Black Friday sale!
- Impact Quikbox Softbox Kit (24 x 24") - Changed to Meking 32"
- Selphy CP800, CP900 printer for people getting their photos at City Tech Track Day.
- A lot of photo paper/ink cartridge for City Tech Track Day and another event.